Wednesday, May 13, 2009

SATC is A Great Show: Point/Counterpoint Showdown 2

Counterpoint taken, with much respect.

POINT:
Um... it comes on at midnight and I like to eat chips and watch it and I think sometimes it has pretty good love stories?

Wait, that's not a point. I'm thinking. I'm thinking about trying to make an argument about its representations of queerness, or of positive relationships among women, or maybe of motherhood, I can't decide which.

I'll get back to you. Also, Howard Zinn in New York today promoting a new book, A Young People's History of the United States, a partner to one of the most important history books in America, A People's History of the United States. This new one is adapted for younger kids, and as my lifelong dream is to teach radical history to kiddies, I think this is pretty fucking awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment